A LAND OF INNOVATION
THE LYON METROPOLITAN AREA HAS EMERGED AS A DRIVING FORCE FOR GROWTH AND INNOVATION, CAPABLE OF RIVALING OTHER EUROPEAN CITIES.
Lyon has 5 recognized competitiveness clusters:
- Lyonbiopôle: a world-level cluster for virology, immunology and diagnostics. As France's No. 1 "bio-region," the Lyon area aims to join the Top 5 European bio-clusters.
- Axelera: a world-level cluster for chemicals and the environment, already ranked in the European Top 10 in the sector. By building on its expertise in key technologies, it aims for a place among the Top 5 in Europe within 10 years.
- Lyon Urban Truck & Bus: a national-level cluster for urban transport systems. Backed by 3500 people in R&D, this cluster works to design the industrial vehicles of the future and to make the Lyon region the world leader in urban transport of goods and passengers.
- Imaginove: a national-level cluster for digital entertainment. Lyon is the European capital of digital imagery, video games and interactive entertainment.
- Techtera: a national-level cluster for technical and functional textiles. All the links in the industry chain are present here, from fibers to design, from customization to mass market, making Lyon the leading European center for technical and functional textiles.
- 10,000 researchers, 120,000 students, 1000 theses/year, 510 public and private labs
- One of Europe's highest concentrations in the scientific and clinical sectors
- Exceptional infrastructures (Bio-safety level 4 lab, the European Center for Humanitarian Health ...)
- Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response center (WHO)
- Merial, the world No. 1 for animal vaccines
- Sanofi pasteur, the world No. 1 for human vaccines
- Biomérieux, the world No. 1 for in vitro diagnostics
Our project requires the joint efforts of researchers, clinical technicians and entrepreneurs. Lyon, with its world competitiveness cluster, Lyonbiopôle, dedicated to virology, immunology and diagnostics, as well as VIRGIL, the European network of excellence in the fight against drug-resistant viruses, coordinated by the Inserm research team 271, is for us the ideal industrial and scientific environment. ADERLY and LyonBioAdvisor© offered us excellent advice in the choice of sites best suited to the requirements of NovoCIB.
Presidente of NovoCIB
The Volvo Group has found in Lyon and the region an attractive industrial environment, with a wealth of skills and remarkable vitality. All of these factors contribute to research and development in our industry.
President of Volvo AB